Humminbird SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G2
|SOLIX 10 MSI+ G2|
Check Discounted Price
The SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G2 is the newest SOLIX 10 unit released by Humminbird in 2019. For reference, this is the part number 411010-1. It comes with several improvements and extra features over the older SOLIX 10 410490-1. For example, it has the MEGA Imaging+ sonar and includes the XM 14 HW MSI T transducer.
Key Features and Specifications
- Display: 10.1″ diagonal, 1280H x 800V pixel resolution, WVGA 16-bit color TFT, with LED backlight, cross-touch
- Sonar: Dual Spectrum CHIRP, CHIRP MEGA Side Imaging+, MEGA Down Imaging+
- Transducer: Transom XM 14 HW MSI T
- Frequency and Coverage (with the included transducer):
2D Full mode: 150-220 kHz (adjustable) / 42°
2D Wide mode: 140-200 kHz / 42°
2D Narrow Mode: 180-240 kHz / 25°
455 kHz (435-535 kHz) / 75°
800 kHz (800-860 kHz) / 45°
Mega+ (1100-1200 kHz) / 75°
455 kHz (405-505 kHz) / 2x 86° / 800 ft (244 m) side-to-side
800 kHz (780-840 kHz) / 2x 55° / 250 ft (76 m) side-to-side
Mega+ (1050-1175 kHz) / 2x 86° / 400 ft (122 m) side-to-side
- Max. Depth Capability (with the included transducer):
- Dual Spectrum CHIRP: 1,200′ (365 m)
- Down Imaging: 400′ (122 m)
- Side Imaging: 125′ (38 m)
- Power Output: 1,000 Watts (RMS)
- Power Input: 10.8-20V DC
- Power Draw: 2.4 Amp
- GPS: Internal
- Cartography: Humminbird Basemap
- Routes, Waypoints, Tracks: 50; 10,000; 50 (20,000 points each)
Sonar and transducer
The SOLIX 10 CHIRP MSI+ GPS G2 offers three sonar technologies, these being Dual Spectrum CHIRP, Down Imaging and Side Imaging. Evidently, as its name suggests, it has the new MEGA Imaging+ modes for the SI and DI sonar. Also, since it’s one of the Humminbird fish finders with Ethernet, it supports 360 Imaging Sonar.
The unit supports the full range of base sonar frequencies, including 50/83/200/455/800 kHz and 1.2 MHz. It comes with the XM 14 HW MSI T transducer which has a 14-pin connector, 20′ (6 m) of cable, a metallic transom mount, and also integrates a temperature sensor. This transducer supports all the unit’s sonar technologies, except 360 Imaging, offering the following coverage:
– For Dual Spectrum CHIRP, it uses conical beams with a coverage of 25° for the Narrow Mode @ 180-240 kHz, 42° for the Wide Mode @ 140-200 kHz, and the full range between 25° – 42° for the Full Mode @ 150-220 kHz. The maximum depth capability for the Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar with this transducer is 1,200′ (365 m) when using the Wide Mode. However, the unit can be paired with 50 kHz capable CHIRP transducers for depth capabilities up to 5,000′ (1524 m).
– For Down Imaging, the transducer uses oval-shaped beams. For the MEGA DI+ mode, it operates in a frequency range between 1100-1200 kHz with a coverage of 75°, while for the regular Down Imaging, the coverage is 75° @ 455 kHz (435-535 kHz) and 45° @ 800 kHz (800-860 kHz). The maximum depth capability that this transducer can reach for Down Imaging is approx. 400′ (122 m) @ 455 kHz, while the depth capability for the MDI+ is 200′ (61 m).
– For Side Imaging, the XM 14 HW MSI T also uses oval beams. The 455 kHz and MSI+ beams offer a coverage of 2x 86°, while for 800 kHz, the coverage is 2x 55°. The side-to-side area covered by the side beams is 800′ (244 m) for regular SI @ 455 kHz, 250′ (76 m) @ 800 kHz, and 400′ (122 m) for MEGA SI+. Also, the max. depth that can be reached with the MSI+ sonar is approx. 125′ (38 m).
Of course, the SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G2 unit offers all the necessary standard sonar features. Among them, we can count Selective Fish ID+, RTS, SwitchFire, Bottom Lock, Sonar SnapShot, Fish Alarm, Depth Alarm etc. It also has Sonar Recording and Sonar Rewind. Therefore, you can record your sonar history and scroll back through it if you want to take a second look at a certain area that you have scanned.
GPS and navigation
Like all the other HELIX and SOLIX units, the 411010-1 includes the Humminbird Basemap platform. These charts are based on NOAA, LakeMaster, and other trusted chart sources. They provide depth contours, points of interest, nav-aids, and spot-soundings the entire U.S. coastline. They also cover more than 10,000 lakes. Plus, the unit is also compatible with LakeMaster charts, LakeMaster Plus, Navionics Gold, Navionics+, Navionics Platinum Plus, and SmartStrike fishing charts, so you can always upgrade to any of these more inclusive chart platforms.
In case you’re going to opt for Navionics charts, you will be able to use the SonarChart feature. However, the unit has its own integrated sonar mapping feature – AutoChart Live. This application uses the 2D sonar data and the GPS data to scan and draw the depth contours on the map. Therefore, you can create, save, and re-use your own custom maps, with the most up-to-date contours, add vegetation, bottom hardness, depth shading, and more.
The SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2 is equipped with an internal GPS receiver. It supports MSAS, EGNOS, and WAAS for position augmentation. A GPS speed function is included as well. The unit can save up to 10,000 waypoints in its memory, and you can select from an extensive base of icons so you can personalize each waypoint. Route creation and trackplotting functions are also available. The unit can save up to 50 routes in its memory, and up to 50 tracks with 20,000 points per track.
Last but not least, since it’s an Ethernet unit, the SOLIX 411010-1 supports Radar. It can also provide data from AIS units, and supports Minn Kota i-Pilot Link and Minn Kota Talon.
Control unit features
As opposed to the HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N, this SOLIX unit has a cross-touch interface. In other words, you can navigate through its menus and use its functions either by touchscreen commands, or via the keypad, stick, and knob on the right side of the display. Its interface is highly-intuitive, very easy to use. Also, even though the display is 10.1″, it offers a denser 1280H x 800V pixel matrix than the HELIX unit.
The unit is IPX7 waterproof. This means it can withstand incidental water exposure with no problem. The box includes the classic U-bracket tilt mount and a unit cover. An in-dash mounting kit is also optionally available.
As we’ve mentioned above, the unit has Ethernet, NMEA 2000, and NMEA 0183 ports. Therefore, it offers superior networking possibilities. You can easily integrate it into an already available boat grid, or plug-and-play with various other boating instruments such as external GPS sensors, AIS units, or Radar modules.
The unit also has wireless connectivity (Bluetooth). Therefore, you can sync it with your phone via the FishSmart App for software updates or notifications from your phone. Also, you can take control of your unit via an RC2 Bluetooth remote.
Finally, this SOLIX unit is equipped with a dual microSD card reader. Therefore, you can use two cards simultaneously, one for charts, one for data backup or sonar recordings, for example.
- Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar;
- MEGA Imaging+ (Side Imaging+ and Down Imaging+);
- XM 14 HW MSI T transducer included;
- Metallic transom mount for the transducer;
- Depth capability up to 1,200 ft with the included transducer;
- Multiple standard sonar features available, such as RTS, Bottom Lock, Selective Fish ID+, Alarms, SwitchFire etc;
- Sonar Recording and Screen Snapshot functions;
- Precision internal GPS;
- Humminbird Basemap chart platform built-in;
- AutoChart Live;
- Supports Navionics+, Navionics Platinum, LakeMaster Plus, and SmartStrike charts;
- Trackplotting, routes and waypoints functions;
- 10.1″ display, 1280 x 800 resolution, 16-bit color display, with LED backlight, providing clear images, easy to read even in direct sunlight;
- Cross-touch interface;
- IPX7 waterproof;
- Ethernet, NMEA 2000, and NMEA 0183 ports;
- Supports AIS and GPS heading sensors;
- Supports CHIRP Radar and Minn Kota i-Pilot Link;
- Bluetooth connectivity;
- Dual microSD card reader;
- Upgradable internal software;
- Gimbal mount included;
- Fairly easy to install.
- Trolling mount for the transducer is not included;
- In-dash mounting kit is not included.
The Humminbird SOLIX 10 MSI+ GPS G2 is a fish finder and chart plotter unit, featuring MEGA SI+, MEGA DI+, and Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar, GPS, Humminbird Basemap charts, and AC Live. It comes with the new XM 14 HW MSI T transducer but it is also compatible with 50/200 kHz transducers and 360 Imaging. It offers superior networking features such as Ethernet, NMEA 2000, and Bluetooth connectivity. It supports many external addons, including Radar, i-Pilot Link, external GPS, AIS and more. It’s an excellent unit for both inland and off-shore fishing, perfect for a wide array of boats.