The Axiom+ 7 RV is one of the Raymarine fish finder and chartplotter units released in 2020. As opposed to the older Axiom 7 RV, this one has several extra features, including a display richer in pixels and compatibility with the new RVX sonar modules. For reference, this is the Raymarine MFD part number E70635-00-NAG, the one that comes with the Navionics+ charts and does not include a transducer.
Key Features and Specifications
- Display: 7″ diagonal, 1024H x 600V pixel resolution, WSVGA color, with backlight, LightHouse 3 OS
- Sonar: High CHIRP, DownVision, SideVision and RealVision 3D
- Transducer: Not included
- Frequency & Coverage: Depends on transducer
- Depth Capability:
Traditional 2D: 900 ft. (274 m)
DownVision: 600 ft. (183 m)
SideVision: 300 ft. (91 m)
RealVision 3D: 300 ft. (91 m)
- Operating Voltage: 12V DC (8 V to 16 VDC)
- GPS: Internal, 10 Hz, 28-channels
- Maps: Navionics for U.S. and Canada
- Routes, Waypoints, Tracks: 150; 10,000; 16 (10,000 pts / track)
The Raymarine Axiom+ 7 RV has four built-in sonar technologies. These are High CHIRP, SideVision, DownVision, and RealVision 3D. The standard High CHIRP sonar has a frequency range of 170 kHz – 230 kHz, while for the SideVision, DownVision, and RealVision 3D the CHIRP range is pre-set to 320 kHz – 380 kHz.
As we’ve already mentioned, the Axiom+ 7 E70635-00-NAG does not include a transducer. However, it is compatible with various transducer models. The list includes the RV-100, RV-200, RV-300, RV-212, RV-220, and more. All the RV transducers support all four sonar technologies built-in the unit. If paired with one of these transducers, this Raymarine fish finder will offer a depth range of 300 ft. (91 m) for the RealVision 3D sonar, 300 ft. (91 m) side range (on each side of the boat) for the SideVision sonar, 600 ft. (183 m) depth capability for the DownVision sonar, and 900 ft. (274 m) for the standard CHIRP sonar.
Most anglers who get an Axiom 7 or Axiom+ 7 unit also opt for the RV-100 (A80464) transducer model. This is the most common and most affordable model.
The unit offers multiple useful sonar features and functions. The first on the list is Fish Detection which is a feature similar to the Fish ID+ offered by Humminbird fish finders. This assigns fish icons to the detected targets that are interpreted as fish, along with the depth of each target. The list also includes A-Scope, Bottom Lock, Depth Lines, White Line, Sonar Scrollback, various alarms, Noise Filter, and more.
The Raymarine Axiom+ 7 RV MFD is also a chartplotter and offers a wide array of navigation features. To begin with, it has a 10 Hz internal GPS receiver, which means that it can provide 10 position updates per second. It also has a GPS speed function and supports EGNOS, MSAS, WAAS for position augmentation. It offers the possibility to save up to 10,000 waypoints in its memory, 150 routes, and 16 tracks. Each route can have up to 250 waypoints, and each track can have up to 10,000 track points.
The unit supports LightHouse charts, Navionics charts, and C-MAP charts. It comes with a Navionics+ chart card which not only covers more than 20,000 in-land lakes and the U.S. / Canada coastal waters, it also opens multiple useful features. Among them, we can count tide information and correction, deep water color, SonarChart Live, depth shading, fishing range, and many more. They also open access to the SonarChart feature for bathymetric mapping.
The unit’s LightHouse 3 OS also has its own bathymetric feature called RealBathy starting from version 3.9. RealBathy can be used with any charts compatible with the unit, including the base charts. Thus, if you don’t want to renew your Navionics charts (subscription will expire one year after activation) for the SonarChart feature, RealBathy should have you covered, at least for the bathymetric mapping.
The Axiom+ 7 RV supports Radar. It is compatible with Quantum, Digital, HD Colour, Super HD Colour, and Magnum Radars. It also supports AIS and Evolution Autopilot. Plus, it supports SiriusXM being compatible with SR150 and SR200 weather sense receivers.
Control unit features
The Raymarine Axiom+7 is a full-touchscreen multi-function display. It features a 7-inch WSVGA color display with a pixel matrix of 1024H x 600V and 1,500 nits LED backlight. It offers excellent viewing angles (85° from each side). Its waterproof rating is IPX6/IPX7 and features a HydroTough™ rugged hydrophobic coating.
The unit is equipped with a pretty fast quad-core processor and a 16 GB internal SSD for storage. It also has a microSD card slot for charts, data storage, or data transfer. It has a very easy-to-use interface, with pre-set split-screen views but you can also create your own custom split-screen app pages.
The unit offers an impressive range of networking features as well. To begin with, it has Ethernet (RayNet) and NMEA2000 ports. It also has WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, so you can connect online for easy data transfer, software downloads, software updates, as well as pair the unit with various Bluetooth devices such as speakers, remote controls, etc. A USB microAB is also available.
The Axiom+ 7 unit also supports various cameras. The list includes FLIR AX8, M300, M232, M400, and M500 thermal camers, as well as CAM210IP and CAM220IP IP cameras. It also supports Empirbus & C-Zone digital switching.
Last but not least, the unit comes with the standard trunnion bracket mount, sun cover, flush-mount, SeaTalk adapter cable, and an NMEA2000 cable.
- RealVision 3D sonar and 600W 50/200 kHz traditional sonar;
- DownVision, SideVision and CHIRP sonar capabilities with optional external sonar modules;
- Multiple sonar functions available such as Scroll Back, Bottom Lock, White Line, A-Scope, etc.
- Fast and accurate, 28-channel, 10 Hz internal GPS / GLONASS receiver;
- Navionics+ charts for U.S. and Canada included;
- Various navigation features powered by Navionics, including tide information and correction, deep water color, SonarChart Live, depth shading, fishing range and many more;
- Also compatible with LightHouse and C-MAP charts;
- RealBathy bathymetric mapping (from 3.9 LH versions and above);
- Trackplotting, routes and waypoints functions;
- AIS compatible;
- Radar compatible;
- 1024 x 600 resolution, multitouch display, with LED backlight;
- LightHouse 3 OS, which offers a highly customizable, easy-to-use interface;
- Ethernet and NMEA 2000 ports;
- WiFi connectivity;
- Bluetooth connectivity;
- Supports FLIR and IP cameras;
- Supports SiriusXM weather sensors;
- USB port and microSD card reader (1 slot);
- IPX6 & IPX7 waterproof;
- Trunnion and flush mounts included;
- Sun cover included;
- Fairly easy to install.
- Transducer is not included;
- The Navionics subscription requires renewal after 1 year.
The Raymarine Axiom+ 7 RV is a multi-function fish finder and chartplotter offering High CHIRP, DownVision, SideVision, and RealVision 3D sonar, GPS, and Navionics+ charts. It also has NMEA, Ethernet, WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity, and supports Radar, AIS, Autopilot, FLIR and IP cameras, SiriusXM weather sensors, and more. However, it does not include a transducer. It’s a highly versatile MFD, great for a wide array of boats, for both inland and off-shore fishing.