The Humminbird HELIX 10 CHIRP GPS G4N is not too different from the HELIX 9 CHIRP GPS G4N that we’ve already covered here. In fact, they have the same sonar, navigation features, and come with the same transducer. However, the HELIX 10 model has a 10.1″ diagonal display and a dual SD card reader (not microSD). For reference, this is the Humminbird fish finder part number 411400-1.
Key Features and Specifications
- Display: 10.1″ diagonal, 1024H x 600V pixel resolution, 16-bit color TFT, with LED backlight
- Sonar: Dual Spectrum CHIRP
- Transducer: Transom XNT 9 HW T
- Depth Capability (with the included transducer): 1,200 feet (365 m)
- Frequency and Coverage:
Narrow mode: 180-240 kHz / 25°
Wide mode: 140-200 kHz / 42°
Full mode: 150-220 kHz (adjustable) / 42°
- Power Output: 1000 Watts (RMS)
- Power Input: 10.8-20V DC
- Power Draw: 1.2 Amps
- GPS: 10 Hz, Internal
- Cartography: Humminbird Basemap
- Routes, Waypoints, Tracks: 47; 2,750; 50 (20,000 points each)
- Networking: NMEA 2000, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth
Sonar and transducer
The Humminbird HELIX 10 CHIRP GPS G4N only has standard Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar. It does not support Down Imaging or Side Imaging, nor it supports MEGA 360 Imaging. It supports three main frequencies, these being 50/83/200 kHz.
The unit comes with the XNT 9 HW T transducer. This is essentially a High CHIRP transducer as its CHIRP frequency range is 150-220 kHz. It does not support an 83 kHz or a 50 kHz CHIRP channel. However, the unit is compatible with various 50 kHz transducers sold separately.
The included transducer features a transom mount, 20 ft. (6 m) of cable, and a internal temperature sensor. It supports the three main sonar modes of the unit, these being Narrow Mode, Wide Mode, and Full Mode. It uses conical beams with a coverage of 25° for the Narrow Mode, 42° for the Wide Mode. Its main depth capability is 1,200 ft (365 m) which can be achieved with the Wide Mode beam. Of course, if you opt for a 50 kHz capable transducer, this fish finder system should be able to scan depths up to 3,500 ft. (1,066 m).
The unit offers the full range of standard sonar features. The list includes Amplitude Scope, Selective Fish ID, SwitchFire, Bottom Lock, WhiteLine, Circular Flasher, various alarms, and more. The unit also has Sonar Recording but it requires an SD card as support. It also has a Temperature Graph feature.
Similar to the HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, the HELIX 411400-1 offers a pretty impressive range of navigation features. To begin with, it has the Humminbird Basemap which covers 10,000+ U.S. lakes with 1-foot contours and also provides coastal coverage for the continental U.S. waters. These charts provide information such as day markers, buoys, hazards, marinas, and other points of interest. The unit also supports LakeMaster and CoastMaster charts, as well as SmartStrike and Navionics charts.
If paired with a Navionics+ or Platinum+ chart cart, the unit can use the SonarChart bathymetric mapping feature. However, it has its own built-in bathymetric mapping application – the AutoChart Live. This function gives you the possibility to create your own fishing charts with the present depth contours.
Needless to say, the unit has a built-in GPS system. It uses a 10 Hz GPS receiver which means it can provide position updates 10 times per second. It can also calculate the speed of your boat through the GPS system, as well as provide position augmentation via MSAS, EGNOS, and WAAS. Plus, It can save up to 2,750 waypoints in its memory, 47 routes, and 50 tracks. Each route can contain up to 50 waypoints, and each track can have up to 20,000 points.
Since the unit is a G4N, it offers superior networking features. Therefore, it can communicate with various other boating instruments. It supports CHIRP Radar, Minn Kota i-Pilot Link, and can communicate with Minn Kota motors and Cannon Optimum downriggers. It also supports AIS data, external GPS sensors, and more.
Control unit features
The Humminbird HELIX 10 CHIRP GPS G4N features a color display, 10.1″ in diagonal, with a pixel resolution of 1024H x 600V and LED backlight. It’s keypad-operated and does not have cross-touch technology. It is also IPX7 waterproof. It comes with the standard Gimbal mount and also includes a unit cover. The flush mount is optional (not included).
The unit offers superior networking features. To begin with, it has Ethernet and NMEA 2000 ports which makes it easy to integrate in an already existent boat network and/or communicate with other boating instruments. It also has WiFi and Bluetooth, so you can sync it with your smartphone or tablet via the FishSmart app. This way, you can easily download software updates, maps, control Raptor or Talon anchors, or control your unit remotely with an RC2 remote control.
As we’ve mentioned above, the unit has a dual SD card reader, as opposed to the smaller units that use microSD cards. This being said, you can use a Zero Lines card for AutoChart Live recordings and also a Navionics+ card for maps simultaneously, without the need to swap cards.
- Dual Spectrum CHIRP;
- XNT 9 HW T transducer included;
- Depth capability up to 1,200 ft with the included transducer;
- Supports 50 kHz;
- Multiple sonar functions available, such as A-Scope, Bottom Lock, WhiteLine, Fish ID+, Alarms, SwitchFire, etc;
- Sonar Recording and Screen Snapshot functions;
- 10 Hz internal GPS;
- Humminbird Basemap chart platform built-in;
- AutoChart Live included;
- Supports Navionics+, Navionics Platinum+, LakeMaster Plus, CoastMaster, and SmartStrike charts;
- Trackplotting, routes and waypoints functions;
- Large 10.1″ display with a resolution of 1024 x 600 for crisp imaging;
- IPX7 waterproof;
- Built-in NMEA 2000 and Ethernet;
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity;
- Compatible with the FishSmart App and the RC Bluetooth remote controls;
- Supports Radar, I-Pilot Link, Talon and Raptor anchors, Cannon Downriggers, and One-Boat Networks;
- Supports AIS and GPS heading sensors;
- Dual SD card reader;
- Upgradeable internal software;
- Gimbal mount included;
- Fairly easy to install.
- Flush mount is not included;
- RC2 remote control is not included;
- A trolling mount for the transducer is not included.
The Humminbird HELIX 10 CHIRP GPS G4N is a fish finder and chartplotter featuring Dual Spectrum CHIRP sonar, GPS, Humminbird Basemaps, AutoChart Live, superior networking features such as Ethernet and NMEA 2000, as well as wireless connectivity (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi). It also includes the XNT 9 HW T for High CHIRP scanning. It’s a great unit for a wide range of boats, for both off-shore and inland fishing and navigation.