The ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv 010-02529-01 is one of the Garmin fish finders released at the end of 2020. It’s similar to the older 126sv (010-02114-01), but comes with the newer GT56UHD transducer and has the new Vivid colors for the structure scanning sonar.
Key Features and Specifications
- Display: 12″ diagonal, 1280H x 800V pixel resolution, WXGA color, backlit, touchscreen & keypad
- Sonar: 2D CHIRP, ClearVü, SideVü, Ultra High-Definition Scanning, Panoptix LiveScope
- Transducer: GT56UHD-TM
- Frequencies and Beam Coverage (with the included transducer):
Traditional CHIRP: 200 kHz (150-240 kHz) / 24°-16°
ClearVü/SideVü: 1000 kHz (940-1100) / 0.52° x 52°, 800 kHz (790-850 kHz) / 0.64° x 35°, 455 kHz (425-485 kHz) 1.1° x 52°
- Maximum Depth and Side Range (with the included transducer):
Traditional CHIRP: 800 ft. (244 m)
ClearVü: 400 ft. (122 m)
SideVü: 500 ft. (152 m)
- GPS: 10 Hz, Internal
- Maps: LakeVü g3 and BlueChart g3
- Routes, Waypoints, Tracklog: 100; 5,000; 50,000 points (50 saved tracks)
- Max. Power Output: 600 Watts (RMS)
- Power Consumption: 26 W
- Networking: Wireless connectivity, NMEA 2000 compatible, NMEA 0183 ports
Sonar and transducer
The ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv 010-02529-01 supports all sonar technologies available from Garmin. With the included transducer, it supports High-Wide standard CHIRP sonar, ClearVü, and SideVü. However, you can also pair it with a Panoptix transducer if you want to use live sonar.
The unit supports multiple frequencies, including 50/77/200 kHz for standard CHIRP, and 260/455/800/1000 kHz for ClearVü and SideVü. The CHIRP frequency intervals depend on the transducer.
As we’ve mentioned above, this Garmin fish finder comes with the GT56UHD transducer which has 25 ft. (7.6 m) of cable with a 12-pin connector, an internal temperature sensor, and a transom mount. For standard CHIRP, this transducer can only use the high-frequency range 150-240 kHz. It does not support 50/77 kHz, so in case you might want to use these frequencies you will have to opt for a different transducer. The coverage of the high-wide CHIRP beam is 24° – 16° and its maximum depth range is 800 ft. (244 m).
For ClearVü and SideVü, the GT56UHD transducer casts thin, oval beams. Their coverage is 1.1° x 52° @ 455 kHz (425-485 kHz), 0.64° x 35° @ 800 kHz (790-850 kHz), and 0.52° x 52° @ 1000 kHz (940-1100 kHz). The maximum side range that can be achieved with the SideVü sonar is 500 ft. (152 m), while the maximum depth that can be reached by the ClearVü sonar is 400 ft. (122 m).
The unit offers the full range of standard sonar features such as Fish Symbol ID, Circular Flasher, Bottom Lock, A-Scope, Depth Alarm, Fish Alarm, Sonar Recording, and more. It also indicates water temperature and has a Temperature Graph feature. Plus, it has the Vivid Color Palette for SideVü and ClearVü which can be very useful especially when trying to distinguish between vegetation and fish.
The ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv 010-02529-01 fish finder is also a chartplotter. First of all, it has a 10 Hz internal GPS receiver which means that it can provide position updates 10 times per second. It supports EGNOS, WAAS, and MSAS for position augmentation and also has a GPS speed function. Plus, the unit offers the possibility to create waypoints, routes, and record tracks. It can hold up to 5,000 waypoints in its memory, up to 100 routes, and 50 tracks. Each track can have up to 50,000 points.
The unit is equipped with two chart platforms; these are the LakeVü g3 and BlueChart g3. The LakeVü charts cover the U.S. inland waters with over 17,000 lakes, reservoirs, and rivers. The BlueChart g3 maps offer coverage for U.S. coastal waters as well as for the Western Canadian coastal waters. These charts come with features such as Depth Range Shading, Auto Guidance, and more. Also, the unit supports their superior versions such as LakeVü g3 Ultra and BlueChart g3 Vision. It does not support Navionics or other types of chart cards.
The Quickdraw Contours feature is also available with this unit. This is an application that allows you to create your own bathymetric mapping. Sailing features, AutoPilot, Tide, Current and Celestial information are also available. However, the unit does not support radar.
Last but not least, the unit supports AIS, can display position data from DSC-capable VHF radio. It also supports FUSION-Link™ compatible radios. Plus, it offers a wide array of gauges and graphs for information with regards to your engine, fuel, trips, and more.
Control unit features
The Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv 010-02529-01 features a 12″ WXGA display with LED backlight and a pixel resolution of 1280 x 800. It is IPX7 waterproof so it supports incidental water exposure. It combines keypad navigation with touchscreen technology, so it can be used as a tablet or other multi-function display. It comes with a quick-release mount and a flush mount. A protective cover is also included.
The unit offers a pretty decent range of networking features as well. It has NMEA 0183 ports and is NMEA 2000 compatible. It has two Garmin Marine Network™ ports for large connectors. This being said, you can share data between various Garmin units, or enable your ECHOMAP Ultra chartplotter to communicate with different other instruments such as AIS units, VHF radios, FUSION-Link compatible radios, external GPS sensors, and more. Also, the unit has a dual microSD card reader.
Wireless connectivity is also available with this unit. Therefore, you can sync it with your smartphone or tablet via the ActiveCaptain app for software updates or other downloads such as charts. It can connect to a WiFi hotspot, but it also has Bluetooth connectivity. It can also show smart notifications from your phone and you can share maps created with Quickdraw Contours with the Garmin Community, as well as download maps from there.
- Traditional 2D CHIRP sonar;
- UHD ClearVü and UHD SideVü;
- GT56UHD-TM transducer included;
- Supports Panoptix sonar;
- Supports 50/77/83/200/455/800/1200 kHz base frequencies;
- Dual-frequency capable (50/200 & 77/200 kHz)
- Data graphs and other sonar functions;
- Sonar recording and rewind;
- Multiple standard sonar features such as Bottom Lock, Fish Symbols, Split-Zoom, A-Scope, Circular Flasher, Alarms, etc;
- Vivid color palettes for the structure scanning sonar;
- 10 Hz internal GPS;
- Preloaded with the LakeVü g3, and BlueChart g3;
- Compatible with various other chart types, such as BlueChart g3 Vision or LakeVü G3 Ultra;
- Auto Guidance capable;
- Quickdraw Contours mapping feature included;
- Shallow Water Shading;
- Sailing features and motor control features;
- Supports AIS and DSC-capable VHF radio;
- Supports FUSION-Link radio;
- Touchscreen and keypad control;
- Intuitive, customizable, and easy-to-use interface;
- Dual microSD card reader;
- ActiveCaptain compatible;
- Wireless connectivity;
- NMEA 0183 ports, and NMEA 2000 capable;
- Garmin Marine Network ports (2);
- Quick disconnection (tilt-swivel) and flush mount included;
- Unit cover included;
- Easy to install.
- Does not support Radar;
- Does not support charts from Navionics.
The Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv 010-02529-01 is a fish finder and chartplotter unit featuring UHD ClearVü, UHD SideVü, CHIRP standard sonar, and also supports Panoptix sonar. It has a 10 Hz internal GPS receiver and comes pre-loaded with the LakeVü g3 and BlueChart g3 maps. It is also NMEA 2000 capable and has wireless connectivity. In all, it’s a great unit for a wide range of boats, for both in-land and off-shore fishing.