The Garmin ECHOMAP fish finders are available in various bundles with different transducers and charts. In this post, we’re going to address the ECHOMAP UHD 73cv ice bundle, the one that comes with the ice fishing transducer. For reference, this is the Garmin part number 010-02334-15, the one released in the second part of 2020.
Key Features and Specifications
- Display: 7″ diagonal, 800H x 480V pixel resolution, WVGA color, backlit, keypad & touchscreen
- Sonar: CHIRP Sonar, ClearVü
- Transducer: GT10HN-IF
- Frequency and Coverage (with the included transducer): 8°-16° @ 130-300 kHz
- Max. Depth Capability (with the included transducer): 800 ft. (244 m)
- Power Output: 500 W (RMS) / 4,000 W (PTP)
- GPS: 5Hz, Internal
- Maps: LakeVü g3
- Routes, Waypoints, Tracklog: 100; 5,000; 50,000 points (50 saved tracks)
- Portable kit: Bag with handle, foam float, battery, charger
Sonar and transducer
This Garmin ice fishing bundle includes the ECHOMAP UHD 73cv sonar unit. This particular model offers two types of sonar, including traditional CHIRP and ClearVü. As the unit’s name suggests, it has the UHD ClearVü mode for improved structure scanning, and of course, since it’s an ice fishing bundle, it has the Circular Flasher mode.
The unit is capable of multiple frequencies, including 50/77/83/200 kHz for standard CHIRP, and 260/455/800 kHz for ClearVü. It’s important to mention, though, that it comes with the standard GT10HN-IF transducer only, which does not support ClearVü. In case you also want to use UHD ClearVü, you should opt for the GT24UHD transducer. Also, the unit supports Panoptix sonar, so if you opt for a Panoptix PS22-TR transducer, you should be able to use LiveVü Forward and LiveVü Down.
The included GT10HN-IF transducer is a pretty standard ice fishing transducer. It uses a High Narrow CHIRP conical beam in a frequency range of 130-300 kHz. It offers a variable 8°-16° coverage and a depth capability of 800 ft. (244 m). This transducer has an 8-pin connector and comes with 8 ft. (2.4 m) of cable. It does not have an internal temperature sensor, but the unit can show water temperature and has a Temperature Graph function in case you will be using a different transducer with a built-in temperature sensor.
The unit offers the full range of standard sonar functions. The list includes Fish Symbols, Bottom Lock, A-Scope, Split-Zoom, Sonar Recording, Fish Alarm, Depth Alarm, and more. It is also dual-frequency capable. This means that if you will be using a transducer that can use two beams (i.e 77/200 kHz), you should be able to view the returns of both beams on the unit’s display simultaneously.
The included Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 73cv unit is a chartplotter. It is pre-loaded with the LakeVü g3 charts which cover more than 18,000 U.S. lakes and reservoirs. They’re enhanced with Navionics data, and also offer features like Depth Range Shading and Shallow Water Shading.
The unit is compatible with the other Garmin charts, such as BlueChart g3, BlueChart g3 Vision, and the superior version of the lake charts, the LakeVü g3. It does not support Navionics charts, though, such as Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum.
In case your favorite lake is not covered by the included charts, the unit still has you covered. It has Quickdraw Contours feature which gives you the possibility to create your own fishing charts. It uses the 2D sonar and the GPS data to reveal and record the depth contours of the lake you’re scanning. Of course, this feature is best used from a boat in motion.
The unit’s internal GPS operates at 5 Hz. This means it can provide position updates 5 times per second. The unit also has a GPS speed function and supports EGNOS, MSAS, and WAAS data for position augmentation.
The SailAssist page is available with this Garmin fish finder as well. It offers functions such as laylines, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, time to burn before the start, and the race times. Also, the unit supports AIS data, DSC data, and is ActiveCaptain compatible.
The unit can also save up to 5,000 waypoints in its memory, 100 routes, and 50 tracks. Each track can have up to 50,000 points. Plus, it has Auto Guidance which is a feature that offers the possibility for planning safe routes, showing you the general path and nearby obstacles at a safe depth.
Control unit features and portable kit
The Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 73cv unit features a color WVGA display, 5-inch in diagonal, with a pixel resolution of 800H x 480V. It has LED backlight for improved readability in direct sunlight and it is also IPX7 waterproof.
The unit’s display has built-in touchscreen technology but also has the side keypad. Its interface is highly intuitive and easy to use. Its homepage can easily be customized with the apps that you use the most. It also offers split-screen possibilities with up to four applications per view.
The unit is networkable. It has NMEA 0183 ports and supports NMEA 2000. It also has wireless connectivity. It offers the possibility to create a Wi-Fi network. This being said, you can sync your smartphone with your chartplotter via the ActiveCaptain app which allows you to download charts, share your Quickdraw Contours created maps with the Quickdraw Community, pre-plan a fishing trip, and even get smart notifications from your phone on the display of the chartplotter.
This Garmin fish finder also has a microSD card slot. It can accept data carts up to 32 GB. This being said, you can load your unit with a LakeVü g3 Ultra card or with a BlueChart g3 Vision card.
Finally, since this is an ice fishing bundle, it comes with the ice fishing kit. The kit includes the carrying case and the tilt-swivel mount for the unit, a foam floater for the ice transducer, a rechargeable battery, and a charger for it.
- Standard CHIRP sonar;
- UHD ClearVü sonar capable;
- Supports Panoptix sonar and transducers;
- Supports 50/77/200 kHz standard sonar frequencies, and 260/455/800 kHz ClearVü frequencies;
- Supports dual-frequency (50/200 kHz or 77/200 kHz);
- GT10HN-IF ice transducer included;
- Data graphs and other sonar functions;
- Sonar recording and rewind;
- Multiple standard sonar features such as Bottom Lock, Fish Symbols, Split-Zoom, A-Scope, Circular Flasher, Alarms, etc;
- Internal GPS;
- Preloaded with the LakeVü g3 charts for inland coverage;
- Quickdraw Contours;
- Depth Range Shading and Shallow Water Shading;
- Auto Guidance for route planning;
- Compatible with various other chart types, such as BlueChart g3 Vision or LakeVü g3 Ultra;
- Supports AIS and DSC-capable VHF radio;
- MicroSD card reader (1 slot);
- SailAssist features;
- ActiveCaptain compatible;
- Touchscreen and keypad navigation;
- Wireless connectivity;
- NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 compatible;
- Unit cover included;
- Quick disconnection (tilt-swivel) and flush mount included;
- Portable kit with case, battery, and charger included.
- Does not support Navionics charts;
- The included transducer does not have a temperature sensor;
- The included transducer does not support ClearVü.
The Garmin 010-02334-15 Ice Fishing Bundle includes the ECHOMAP UHD 73cv unit which has standard CHIRP sonar, supports ClearVü, and Panoptix sonar, is pre-loaded with the LakeVü g3 charts, and also has internal GPS. The bundle comes with the GT10HN-IF ice transducer and the portable fishing kit with battery and charger. Even though it’s a fish finder intended for ice fishing due to the included transducer, it can always be turned into a year-round fish finder and mounted on a boat if paired with a Cv transducer.